Monday, November 17, 2008

Musical Monday

If you have not visited us before please click here and read our Welcome letter. I've been trying very hard to spread the word about our blog and get some people involved with it. We've only been at it for almost a week and praise God we have had visitors & lovely comments! Please continue to visit us, pray with us, and share with us. We love hearing from you. If you would like to be added to our blog roll - please let us know. Also, if you know of an uplifting, encouraging, and even inspiring blog - let me know. I am on a search for this weeks Featured Blogger!

My Mom also blogged for the first time yesterday!!! YEAH MOM!!! Welcome to the 21st century - you'll get the hang of it real soon. Your post was beautiful, heartfelt, and I pray everyone that reads it is touched by it. If you've not read mom's post yet, click here, and be sure to leave her a comment and encourage her to post more often! After all this was kinda her idea and her post was very uplifting.

Some of you have commented on the photo used for our background - don't it look so peaceful? I mentioned I might tell the story behind it - I'm not even sure if Mom has realized that she knows the place or not. You see a long time ago, before I got married and moved away, if Mom needed to talk to me, good or bad, we always went to this road side park just off 82 highway in Missouri. There is a rock stairwell that leads down to a rock bench (which is the photo used as our header) and we would walk down them stairs, one of us would sit there (usually me) and Mom would start talking. You might be there 10 minutes or 2 hours, but if Mom turned down 82 Hwy, you knew you were going to talk. The background photo of our blog is the view looking out from that location.

I'm not sure why Mom always chose there to talk, but I've never forgotten it. I've been there a few times on my own, just to be - I guess. There is a closeness you feel with God when you are surrounded by nature and beauty in which he has used to create it with is undeniable. Perhaps that's why we are drawn to the rock bench on 82 Hwy - we feel God there, no matter the news, good or bad.

Today is Musical Monday here at Slow News and what we are asking is for you to post the link to a song (as it will not allow you to post the video in the comments section) that has really spoke to you in your life and if you feel led to tell us, tell us why it has touched you so much. Please remember to list the title of the song as well. If you post the video to your own blog let us know and we will come by for a visit! We are going to create a play list for our visitors and friends of songs chosen by all of you! So that you can hear all the uplifting music when you visit and maybe even a few new songs.

The song I've chosen to post is very popular (in my book), but this song - was the song that played on the radio one day when I was actually driving on I-70 headed for Ohio from Missouri and realized that I couldn't do anything on my own, anymore. I need God more than I'd ever needed him in my entire life. I needed him to take control and drive, because I just could not do it. My life changed that day, in a drastic way, even though it took a while for me to realize just how much, God really was at work. It had been several years since I'd prayed, with all my heart and soul, and even still God didn't turn me away. This song will always be at the top of my list, because it was the first step toward the new creation in which God is creating in me.

May you all have a blessed day and we can't wait to hear what songs you post!

Jesus Take The Wheel by Carrie Underwood

2 comments:

  1. This is a song that really struck out to me this morning it isnt the one i was looking to share but I want to share this one today instead with the world in the current state that its in and God needing to be more known and praised more and more each day I think this one is perfect ! Have a Blessed Day


    Mine is Jeremy Camp There Will Be A Day
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZmHGejCj68

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. Its the secret soldier blog. I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to pray with us today.