Friday, November 14, 2008

Featured Friday!


Alright, we have our 1st Featured Blogger! Amber is currently our only follower but her blog is not only crafty it's encouraging as well. Amber lets her heart spill out into what ever she blogs about that day. She makes you think.

Her most recent blog: FIREPROOF-How strong is your marriage is very encouraging and uplifting. Which is exactly what we look for in our featured bloggers!

In another of her posts: FACING LIFE she tells us her heart after watching FACING THE GIANTS with her husband. I have seen this movie and I highly recommend it as well. Mom was the first to tell me about this movie and I've recommended it to everyone I know. It's one of thos movies I can watch 100 times and never get tired of it. It is an amazing story and what I find even more amazing is this church! These were not paid actors!! That just speaks volumes.

They have another movie called FLYWHEEL and it is a good movie. Facing the giants is even better, and so that leaves me believing that Fireproof will be by far their best yet and I don't even have to see it first - I already know I will be purchasing it. God has given these authors, actors, and the people involved in these movies an amazing talent and I am so thankful that they are sharing it with us! I can't imagine how many lives have been impacted by these books and movies. Praise God.

Her other chosen post to have listed today as our FB is: I Believe God is moving in Amber's life and she is sharing that with us. Isn't it wonderful?!

I do have the book FIREPROOF, Mom gave it to me before I left for England and I was going to read it one the plane, but just couldn't get into it. I'm positive it had nothing to do with the book. Have you ever been on a plane for 10 hours? Not comfortable! Not only that I've been rather lazy and waiting for the movie to come out on DVD, rather than reading the book. I left before it hit the theaters in the US and I can not wait to see this movie. Mom saw it and said she cried. I'm sure she'll add more later!

However, after reading Amber's post on the book itself I find myself encouraged to pick it up and give it another go. So I will be reading FIREPROOF this weekend and I will post a book review when I'm finished. Since I was so inspired and encouraged I gave Amber a blog award, please go and congradulate her. If you know of any blogs deserving this award, please let us know - as we will be looking!

Thank you so much Amber for your encouraging and inspiring blog posts and for being our 1st Featured Blogger! May God bless you today and always!
Mom & Me
P.S. Be sure to read the comments left on Amber's "Fireproof" post - she has a message from one of the members of Sherwood baptist Church!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog. I love the scenery background. I saw bits and pieces of "Facing the Giants". I was a little misty-eyed at the end, when she got the good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is awesome! This is the first time I have seen it. I saw the link on Amber's blog. I am a friend of hers and am always encouraged and inspired by her. I am so glad she is strong in her faith and convictions...enough so that she is willing to share with others! I'm so glad she was chosen to be your first featured blogger!
    Hugs,
    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, it's funny that you should comment on this background. The truth is I took this photograph in Missouri at a little road side park. I'll post the story for all to read. Thanks for visiting!
    And Bridgett - thank you for visiting, I'm glad you've enjoyed it.
    Hope to see you both again soon.
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to pray with us today.